Saturday, November 17, 2012

Feeling Very Honored

I debated about whether or not to blog about this, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how much my blogging has impacted my latest achievement. This past Thursday I was named my school district's 2013 Teacher of the Year. Myself and 49 other nominees from around the city were recognized at a program and reception on Thursday night. I am completely shocked and honored to have been chosen as Teacher of the Year. The best part so far has been the excitement and school bonding that has happened since I was announced as the top teacher. There was an energy in the halls yesterday at my school that I have never felt. I'm so happy to share the recognition with them and hope that it serves as a catalyst for a terrific rest of the school year. To all my blogging friends, thank you for always serving as a source of inspiration and encouragement. A lot of who I have become as a teacher started with this blog.

Very honored!
At my Channel 8 interview with Morgan Dean on Friday morning.


No comments: