Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I'm Back! And Happy New Year!

Well a lot has changed since my last post. I am now a teacher mommy and learning to balance the demands of being a wife, mother and teacher ... but man it is a lot of work. So sadly my blog has suffered, but I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things. As I wrote back in September, I got a job teaching kindergarten in a new district about 2 weeks before N was born. It was quite an experience interviewing, setting up a new classroom, and teaching for 2 days 9 months pregnant. I've now been back from maternity leave for about 2 months and I am getting used to life as a kindergarten teacher. I also always like to blog around this time because it was in January, 3 years ago that I stumbled upon the world of teacher blogs and they seriously changed my life. I know that sounds dramatic, but its true. I think my blog has been a huge tool in my success as a teacher and so even if I've taken some time from it, I always like to reflect in the new year.

One of the first blogs that I stumbled across were Mrs. Wills and Mrs. Jump's kindergarten blogs. I saw their penguin units and was instantly in love with their ideas. Not only did I recreate their penguin unit (which we are gearing up to do in a few weeks), I also knew I needed to join this blogging world. And I'm so glad I did!

So that's it for now. Just a little update to say that I'm still here and will be back with classroom ideas as we kick off 2014. Happy New Year!

This was back in October...crazy how fast babies grow!


No comments: