Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I shared yesterday that my new year's resolution was to work smarter, not harder. Being the Type A personality that I am, I tend to do everything at 100%. I'll admit it is hard for me to delegate, whether at school or at home. I like things done my way and often get so wrapped up in certain tasks that I end up getting nothing done. Sound familiar? I found two resources that I think are going to help me focus my attention so I can work smarter and get more done.

This part of the post is timely as today me and my hubby celebrate our 2nd anniversary. I'm constantly trying to be the best wife and teacher at the same time. I know its possible and I am truly in awe of all the bloggers out there that are also balancing families. The last few months have truly made me realize that I often put ALL of my energy towards my 20 students and have little left by the time I get home. I know that in order to be happy at home I need to feel fulfilled by my work, thus I work hard. This year however I am going to try to "let go" a little and save some energy for tasks at home. To me part of being a good wife is balancing my career with a clean, organized and happy home. That way little annoyances at home don't set me off after a long day at work.

Anyways, I stumbled upon this blog called Clean Mama. She has some great, easy tips to follow on a daily basis to keep your home clean and organized. I'm excited to follow her and see what she has to share during her Clean & Organized 2012 blog series:


Photobucket

As for working smarter in the classroom, I will continue to follow many blogs as I have found this a frequent topic of blogging. I will particularly be following the Clutter-Free Classroom Project. Can you tell I'm drawn to blogs that provide 52 week plans? Check out the amazing things that this blog has planned to help teachers get more organized and use their space more efficiently. I'm totally hooked and ready to work smarter, not harder!


Clutter-Free Classroom

No comments: